Overview Richmond Hotel
Located in the center of Richmond's financial district and overlooking the James River, The Omni Richmond welcomes its guests with a taste Southern Hospitality. The Omni Richmond is the premier destination for business and leisure travelers alike. Steps away you will find wonderful restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.
Come be a part of an amazing team where we inspire and reward our associates! Every other Friday the Management Team hosts an Associate Appreciation event to show their appreciation for their associates and give them a much deserved break from the work day. The Omni Richmond prides itself on having a bi-annual management training class where current associates participate in a 6 month program to prepare them for advancing their careers.
The Director of Rooms is responsible for the performance of the Rooms Division, including Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Loss Prevention and Guest Services. This is an executive level position reporting to the General Manager. The successful candidate demonstrates their ability to produce balanced financial, guest experience and associate satisfaction outcomes.
- Oversight of all front office operations including front desk, concierge, bell/door associates and valet parking operations (outsourced) along 4/5 star guidelines
- Insuring the quality and productivity of housekeeping/laundry (in-house) functions that guarantee the cleanliness of all guest areas, high levels of personal service delivered by housekeeping associates and a stable work force.
- Excellence in appearance of all areas throughout the hotel
- Serve as an active member of the property Executive Committee
- Producing constant improvement in guest experience satisfaction metrics
- Showing year-over-year improvement in associate satisfaction scores throughout the division including maintaining low turnover and high promotion-from-within ratings
- Controlling payroll and direct expenses in line with the budget and varying levels of business using corporate-wide technology and other systems
- Participation in weekly forecasting and scheduling activities
- Providing assistance in developing the annual hotel budget
- Preparation of action plans as directed by management
- Daily reviews of operating outcomes (including corrective action if required)
- Maintaining high visibility with associates and guests
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have previous hotel management experience in all aspects of the Rooms Division in a property of similar size and quality for a period of five or more years.
- Experience in forecasting & scheduling, daily reviews and analysis of operating results preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is necessary (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to nurture managers-in-training.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate with all associates, departments, guests, and clients in a professional manner.
- Must be highly service-oriented.