Location Mount Washington Hotel
As grand as the history behind it, the Omni Mount Washington Hotel, located in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire, is gracious in ambiance and generous in amenities. A favorite New England retreat of presidents, poets and celebrities, the hotel delights every sense with enchanting music, refined dining and luxurious décor.
Omni Mount Washington Resorts associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Mount Washington Resort is committed to serve our associates and nurture their growth. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment each day. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mount Washington Resort may be your perfect match.
To provide technical and administrative assistance to the Sous Chef and ensures effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets and to prepare daily requisition for food area and daily rotation of foods. To assist in maintaining set standards of quality and consistency.
- Develop additions to menu.
- Responsible for product availability for all restaurant or banquet items.
- Directs proper sanitation and organization of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order, generate report if necessary.
- Directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Monitors and has hands on control over daily food production.
- Monitors safety of staff.
- Maintains good working relationship with Front of the House Manager.
- Conducts daily meetings with servers and kitchen staff to discuss additions to menu and to resolve any operation concerns.
- Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
- Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
- Ensure that all food products are labeled and dated.
- Maintain and enforce food quality and visual appeal.
- Requisition necessary equipment from stewarding
- Must have skill to teach associates to manage their time in order to complete
Assigned jobs in a timely manner.
- Has mis en place for day's business for banquets or outlets.
- Fills out requisition for the day and the following day.
- Works according to priorities for banquets.
- Must be able to understand, organize and maintain B.E.O.s
- Assigns mis en place list for pm staff and relates information to the pm chef.
- Checks with Executive Chef and Sous Chefs daily for any special products or preparation.
- Ensure that all products are labeled, dated and rotated daily.
- Assist stewarding in getting the food out of the kitchen in a timely manner.
- Hold a daily pre-shift meeting to insure the proper transfer of information
- Instill in associates a sense of teamwork.
- Instill in associates a "Clean as you go mentality".
- Follow all organization and sanitation L.S.O.P.s
Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Must have previous culinary experience.
Supervisory experience is preferred but not required.