Location Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
Food and Beverage pool bartenders are responsible for serving alcoholic beverages and food to restaurant patrons. Bartenders are responsible for maintaining a complete knowledge of food and beverage menus, mixology, bar equipment, and sanitation standards, with a focus on maintaining an attractive bar for guests.
- Must have knowledge of all food and drink menu items
- Must be familiar with state alcohol service guidelines
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all company and departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Serves food and beverage to guests following moments of service (MOS) and adheres to service times
- Acknowledge and greet all guests, anticipate guest needs, and respond to guest inquiries or requests
- Communicate with guests and food and beverage staff in a clear and professional manner at all times
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to manager and kitchen
- Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers, outlet specific beverages and non-alcoholic selections offered
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, organization, and sanitation of back bar and bar top.
- Attends monthly staff meetings to receive information and direction
- Contributes to a professional workplace that maximizes employee moral, productivity and effectiveness. Works well with a diverse FOH and BOH staff
- Insures responsible service of alcohol by following all legal requirements including carding and consumption
- Accurately takes food and beverage orders from guests and promptly records all transactions in the Micros system. Maintains guest tabs and facilitates payment following procedures
- Responsible for continuous maintenance of liquor par levels and daily beer, wine, liquor and supply orders from the storeroom.
- Responsible for maintaining a house bank of $500 with monthly bank counts performed at random.
- Performs additional responsibilities although not detailed, as requested by a manager
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Has at least one year of bartending experience in a face past environment
- Must have or be willing to obtain a valid TIPS certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age; legal age to serve alcohol
- Must have moderate knowledge of cocktails and liquor varieties
- Must have strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must be confident with problem solving abilities, prioritize and stay organized
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Excellent people skills and outgoing personality
- Must work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- Maintains a safe, clean, organized and stocked work area
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including AM and PM shifts, weekends and holidays.
- This position will spend 95% of the time standing and 5% of the time sitting
- Ability to work in difficult weather conditions including heat, rain, and humidity
- The individual must be able to lift, move, push, pull, and carry up to 40 pounds without assistance
- Must be able to work continuously standing for up to and sometimes exceeding 8 hours at a time.
- Daily environmental exposures to cold, heat, humidity, and other outdoor conditions
- Must show ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Possesses stamina and energy to remain active and move quickly for up to 10 hour shifts
- Ability to hear, understand and respond to guest and staff requests in a loud environment
Tools & Equipment:
- Must demonstrate ability to carry trays
- Knowledge and operating of the MICROS System
- Compute basic arithmetic, specifically in cash handling situations
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .