Location Orlando Resort at Championsgate
The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate is surrounded by 36 holes of championship Orlando golf, the Leadbetter Golf Academy World Headquarters and 15 acres of recreation, this four-diamond resort is one of the nation's premier golf, meeting and leisure retreats. In addition to walk-out golf, guests may choose to relax in our signature Mokara spa, dine in one of our five restaurants or enjoy 15 acres of pools and recreation activities including the 850-foot lazy river.
Omni Orlando's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate may be your perfect match.
Ensure proper set up of meeting and Banquet facilities by communicating effectively through supervisors & housepersons to associates and handling guest's requests on the floor.
- Cleans Function Rooms Prior to Set-up.
- Sets equipment to Daily Work Sheet specifications.
- Provides required amenities, as dictated by Banquet Department Standards.
- Refreshes meeting rooms during meal and coffee breaks.
- Breaks down meeting rooms as soon as possible after end of function.
- Completes Special Projects as directed by department management.
- Moves convention material boxes, programs, etc. from hotel receiving docks, registration areas, sleeping rooms, or suites.
- Equipment maintenance.
- Accommodates special customer needs, hanging banners for meetings and food/beverage functions.
- High School Diploma
- 2+ years experience as Set Houseman in a high volume, upscale Hotel
- Exceptional guest service skills
- Ability to stand (long period), stoops, bend and lift items weighing up to 50 pounds repetitively during entire shift.
- Ability to work flexible schedule. (Including weekends and holidays)
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Remain calm and professional at all times
- Be able to make quick decisions and possess good judgment
- On their feet over 2/3 of the time.
- Walking over 2/3 of the time.
- Sitting under 1/3 of the time
- Using hands to finger, handle, or feet over 2/3 of the time
- Reach with hands and arms over 2/3 of the time.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl under 1/3 of the time.
Tools & Equipment:
- Wet or humid conditions (non-weather) for 1/3 of the time.
- Working in fluctuating outdoor temperature.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to food items and beverages
- Table, chairs, Risers, Dance Floor, Furniture.
- Pallets, Pallet Jack, Flat Bed, Chair Carts, Vacuum cleaners, Shampoo Machine, Sweeper
- Linen, Skirts, Napkins, Drop over,
- Guest Supplies, Meeting Amenities, (Pen/Pencil/notepad), Water Pitcher.
- And others as assigned.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .