Location Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
The Restaurant Cook 2 is responsible for ensuring all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications, he or she will work with the team to prepare orders for the lobby bar and restaurant.
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Ensure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Insure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Assist in controlling food cost.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned stations.
- Refrigeration and serving of cold food. Preparation and holding temperatures of all hot foods.
- Production of orders.
- Hotel fine dining restaurant experience strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years line cook work history with a F&B operation required.
- Culinary training/education preferred.
- Must have current valid Food Handler Certification.
- Must have flexible schedule, available to work overnight, holidays, or weekends when scheduled.