Location Austin Hotel Downtown
Located in the Live Music Capital of the World, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown is a walking distance from the 6th Street Entertainment District. Omni is a magnificently appointed luxury hotel with the heart of the thriving downtown business center at your doorstep; you'll be just steps away from the Austin Convention Center and the Texas State Capitol.
Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. The Omni Austin Hotel Downtown's commitment to serve our associates and nurture their growth has led to the company's highest rating in associate satisfaction and an impressive internal promotion rate. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown may be your perfect match.
To maintain all equipment in a like new, clean condition. Clean all walls, ceilings, baseboards, tables and mobile equipment in a clean and sanitized condition. Ensure timely removal of rubbish and recyclables from the building.
Maintain all cooking equipment; through the removal of debris, scraping of any deposits or burnt on food and subsequent loosening, wetting, scrubbing and wiping dry of all food stuffs. Sanitize all food contact surfaces with approved sanitizers. Use polish to bring out luster on all stainless steel once clean and sanitized. Keep floor free of any debris, grease or dirt, while protecting the safety of all persons through the use of required safety signs and mop bucket signs. Remove all rubbish and recyclables from the building in a timely manner. Maintain dumpster area accordingly.
Move all items requiring cleaning to the dish room. Maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in all areas of the back-of-the-house in accordance with the Department of Health Rules and Regulations.
- Most work tasks are performed in a commercial kitchen, where the environmental conditions vary widely ranging from sub zero temperatures to well above normal room temperature. Heat and humidity may increase seasonally dependent upon outdoor weather.
- Must be able to stand for up to 7 1/2 hours per day.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the hotel or other areas of the kitchen on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to move items weighing in excess of 50 lbs. routinely.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to perform daily tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Ability to work with potential allergenic properties inherent in various food products