Serving as a cornerstone of northern Atlanta's newest mixed-used community, the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta is the official hotel of the Atlanta Braves and located within steps of SunTrust Park as well as premier office space, the Coca-Cola Roxy music venue and a variety of shopping and dining.
Our luxury hotel features 16 floors with 264 rooms including 28 suites, over 20,000 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate business travelers, families on vacation and everyone in-between. Redefining "live, work, play," we are a proud "play, work, stay" destination and seek to provide an unforgettable experience enhanced by our hotel's elevated pool deck and bar in addition to our signature restaurant, Achie's, serving Southern-inspired fare and craft beer.
To ensure all the equipment and food required for the function(s) are available to the waiters at the appropriate time and to wash and clean all cookware from kitchen production on areas in accordance to Omni standards. In addition, the candidate will be required to maintain the cleanliness of the Associate Cafeteria and ensure all food is served according to specifications.
- Knowledge of dishwasher presentation; how to set up, how to clean, chemicals and temperature setting of dishwasher.
- Clean pots, pans and all other cookware utensils. All cookware and utensils will be completely cleaned and sanitized.
- Keep kitchen floor clean and wash area free of food residue or any other debris.
- Knowledge of floor maintenance, equipment used and good knowledge of chemical safety & usage.
- Knowledge of dumpster procedures and card board.
- Waste removal and safe lifting practices associated with waste removal.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Communicate with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination, and complete daily prep list.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Be knowledgeable of all areas in the cafeteria.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Communicate with all cooks daily for proper pars and production requirements when needed.
- Keep back and prep area clean as you work.
- Fill and maintain the prep list up to par, check daily.
- Check with MOD before leaving for the day.
- Previous stewarding experience required (hotel preferred, although other environmental services positions will be considered)
- Strong attention to detail, sense of urgency.
- Ability to work and perform effectively in a fast paced role.
- Must be able to work around a variety of chemicals and be able to respond to hazardous situations
- Good communication, time management, follow-through and customer services skills are required.
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 30 lbs without assistance and a minimum of 100 lbs with assistance.
- Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, specifically weekends and holidays.
- Must have previous experience working in similar Food and Beverage department (kitchen, cafeteria, etc.).
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .