Location : 320 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806
The Business Banking Closing Specialist (grade 8) assists in the preparation of all loan documents associated with business closings and facilitates the closing through the Business Banking Associate(s), and Relationship Managers.
Support critical policy and procedures as well as federal and state regulations to ensure an efficient documentation practice, loan document review system, and other critical risk management activities needed to minimize credit, documentation and operational risks.
Guidance from the Loan Closing Manager may be necessary to assist with formulating recommendations of structure within the loan processing system and general discussions relating to loan requests. General Qualifications Education
: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two to four year degree in business or related field with accounting and/or finance courses preferred. Experience
: A minimum of three years' experience in preparing and reviewing business loan documents and/or paralegal experience. Experience with LaserPro Lending is also preferred. Skills
- Proficient administrative and organization skills.
- Well-developed human relations skills with emphasis on written and verbal business communication.
- Ability to understand and execute on policy and procedures, with an understanding of when to make exceptions.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines while remaining flexible to changing assignments.
- Self-motived with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of basic legal concepts with an emphasis on real estate transactions is helpful.
- Competent use of a personal computer.
- Establish loan documentation packages for business loans by using information compiled by external and internal staff assuring completeness and accuracy
- Establish loan document packages for Modifications, Renewals, and Extensions assuring completeness and accuracy
- Review and finalize AgentI
- Order Flood Certifications
- Ensure compliance with FEMA regulations
- Review Customer Identification Records, Beneficial Ownership Forms, and Corporate documents
- Review UCC Search
- Prepare UCC financing statements
- Ensure required fees are collected and documented in closing package
- Ensure compliance with HMDA/CRA eligibility regulations
- Review preliminary closing documents including hazard, liability, builder's risk, and/or flood insurance declarations, Title Commitments, Closing Protection Letters, Settlement Statements, etc.
- Fund loan closing transactions using wire transfer
- Research and answer questions regarding process or other transaction related items from Relationship Managers, Business Banking Associate(s), Business Banking Underwriting staff, and other team members as needed or required
- Perform other duties as assigned
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities