Location King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
The Commis Chef is responsible for assisting the Chef de Partie in the proper preparation and presentation of all dishes and assuring that all items are prepared as specified by the Sous Chef and Executive Chef. Follows Omni Hotel standards as required.
- Consults with Chef de Partie as to the hot items planned for the luncheon or dinner hour
- Checks station and refrigerators for left-overs and prepares food items accordingly
- Sets up his station using the station checklist
- Cooks short-order items during the luncheon or dinner hours and assists the Chef de Partie and Sous chef whenever the need arises
- Keeps station neat and clean and is polite to all peers and service personnel
- Informs Chef de Partie on any problems that may arise during the shift
- Gives guidance to the Dish Washer on duty as to dishes needed and the cleaning of areas
- Keeps foods on the line fresh and containers clean
- Sees to it that dirty pots and pans are returned to the kitchen for washing by the pot washer
- Cleans up station and turns stations over to the upcoming shift
- Previous experience in a similar capacity in equivalent property.
- Culinary Apprenticeship or equivalent to Interprovincial Red Seal required or in progress.
- Must have a passion for the profession.
- Must be available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays.