Overview King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
The Director of Rooms is responsible for the performance of the Rooms Division, including Front Desk, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Laundry, Loss Prevention and Engineering. This is an executive level position reporting to the General Manager. The successful candidate demonstrates their ability to produce balanced financial, guest experience and associate satisfaction outcomes.
- Oversight of all front office operations including front desk, concierge, bell/door associates along 4/5 star guidelines
- Insuring the quality and productivity of housekeeping and laundry (in-house) functions that guarantee the cleanliness of all guest areas, high levels of personal service delivered by housekeeping associates and a stable work force.
- Excellence in appearance of all areas throughout the hotel
- Producing constant improvement in guest experience satisfaction metrics
- Showing year-over-year improvement in associate satisfaction scores throughout the division including maintaining low turnover and high promotion-from-within ratings
- Controlling payroll and direct expenses in line with the budget and varying levels of business using corporate-wide technology and other systems
- Participation in weekly forecasting and scheduling activities
- Providing assistance in developing the annual hotel budget
- Preparation of action plans as directed by management
- Daily reviews of operating outcomes (including corrective action if required)
- Maintaining high visibility with associates and guests
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalency required.
- Must have previous experience in all aspects of the Rooms Division in a property of similar size and quality for a period of five or more years.
- Experience in forecasting & scheduling, daily reviews and analysis of operating results preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of a computer is necessary (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and the ability to nurture managers-in-training.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Must be able to work closely and communicate with all associates, departments, guests, and clients in a professional manner.
- Must be highly service-oriented.