Location King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
To ensure the function room is set according to guest expectation and Omni standards. This position will set up, breakdown, and clean all space associated with banquets and conventions.
- Perform all Banquet duties as designated by the Banquets Leadership Team.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
- Report to the Banquets Leadership Team any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of any banquet equipment.
- Must attend all designated pre-shift briefings.
- Set up, stock, and maintain meeting rooms.
- Ice down functions before they start and refresh meeting rooms during meals and coffee breaks.
- Clean and return equipment to proper location.
- Must be able to follow instructions from the banquet event orders, floor plans and houseperson's set up sheets.
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Set, service, tear down functions.
- Must be familiar and support the hotel vision on Health and Safety.
- Must be familiar and adhere to hotel standards and procedures in handling allergies and food restrictions.
- Deep cleaning of spaces, meeting rooms and foyers.
- Maintain storage areas organized.
- Ensure linens are collected upon arrival and put away neatly.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to stand for the duration of a full shift and lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays