Omni Hotels and Resorts creates genuine, authentic guest experiences at over 50 distinctive luxury hotels and resorts in leading business gateways and leisure destinations across North America. Omni Hotels is known for its exemplary culture, authenticity to the markets in which we operate, innovation and exceptional service. Our commitment to career development has created tenure and loyalty that enables us to perpetuate our family atmosphere.
To provide clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Director, HR Recruitment Manager, and HR Generalist. As the first point of contact for questions and a key driver of the Omni culture, the Human Resources Coordinator provides a warm greeting and exceptional service for both reservation center associates and guests. Additionally, he/she will assist with the recruitment processes to include, but not limited to scheduling and conducting interviews, checking references and running background checks.
- Assists with posting of positions on Omni Hotels website, local job boards and other recruiting and social media.
- Assist with pre-screening of applicants for hourly positions.
- Assists with the completion of reference checks on those applicants whom the property has identified as potential employees.
- Distribute and explain to candidates the background check policy and the pre-employment drug screening process. Maintain spreadsheet with information of who has gone for drug screening.
- Make appointments with department heads and candidates for interviews.
- Conducts candidate searches on LinkedIn and other social media platforms.
- Assists Applicants with online applications and questions.
- Coordinate with candidate when he/she will come to the HR office to complete the new hire processing and what is needed in order for the processing to go smoothly.
- Maintain referral spreadsheet.
- Assist with processing of new hire paperwork.
- Maintain job requisition and associates logs, and partner with HR Recruitment Manager on dispositioning of candidates.
- Partner with Payroll Coordinator to ensure all P.I.F.'s have the appropriate signature for processing.
- Enter all associate data into Ultipro.
- Order office supplies, forms, equipment and maintain their orderliness/par levels.
- Maintain all personnel files through the weekly filing and loggin of all pertinent information.
- Answer multi-line telephones within two rings, convey messages and answer simple questions.
- Type memos and other correspondence.
- Monitors and maintains associate programs to include bulletin boards.
- Completes all weekly and monthly flyers and ensures they are posted promptly.
- Surface all managerial/hourly reviews, with appropriate forms to appropriate manager at least one month in advance of actual review date. Track and monitor timely completion.
- Prepares new hire packets for processing, new hire orientation and other miscellaneous training and HR materials in conjunction with the Recruiting Manager.
- Participate in the Property New Hire Orientation and Trainning Programs.
- Participate in and assist with coordination of Associate functions and recognition activities (ie. service pins, birthdays, anniversaries, health fair, etc.).
- Complete monthly HR assessment, keep it "audit ready".
- Check mailbox, collect, sort and distribute departmental mail daily.
- Assist with coordination of all Benefits Enrollment, Qualified Life Event Changes and Compensation Survey events.
- Assist with the facilitation of Annual Associate Engagement Survey and events scheduling.
- Coordinate and implement annual Omni Reservations Center Spirit Week and other associate engagement events.
- Participate int the planning process for our Annual Omni Service Champions Gala.
- Assist with HR Audits.
- Proficiency in Powerpoint and Publisher required
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- College Degree; Preferably in hospitality or human resources management.
- 1 year Human Resources administrative experience preferred.
- Relevant hospitality and/or customer service/administrative experience.
- Must possess demonstrated excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills; listens to others.
- Excellent analytical skills and sound judgement, including ability to adapt to highly complex changing work environment.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to include maturity, committment, professionalism, "can-do" attitude, performance, discretion, responsibility while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, creative leader who is organized, thrives under pressure and is able to perform multiple delegated tasks and assignments simultaneously while working in a fast paced work environment, still maintaining high attention to detail and the ability to maintain consistent accuracy; able to troubleshoot while still meeting or exceeding deadlines.
- Must provide excellent customer service; possessing a friendly approachable demeanor and strong problem-solving skills.
- Computer proficiency; specifically with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher) and Windows.
- Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, guest service and teamwork.
- Patient, critical thinker, resourceful and tenacious.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be engaged and make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction - must be a self starter.
- Ability to develop and present suggestions for improved business processes (Quality).
- Must be flexible with the ability to work on the weekends if required.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .