Location Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
A Recreation Intern is responsible for satisfying our guest's needs in the Recreation and Pool Operations Area. An Intern is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of our towel hut, retail sales, bike rentals, and daily activities. An Attendant is also responsible for reporting hazardous conditions, maintenance issues, and attending to the daily cleanliness of the pool facility.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Working in various weather conditions: hot, cold, rain, sun, etc
- Must be able to move and arrange pool furniture and umbrellas
- Presenting guests towels with a smile, and maintaining stock of towel supply
- Responsible for overseeing safety of guests in our pool and recreation areas
- Responsible for daily cleanliness of pool deck and recreation areas
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and in working order
- Running daily activities, events, and kids programming
- Helping with holiday events and corporate programs
- Helping to develop and create new programs to ensure guest satisfaction
- Knowledge of Resort and local areas
- Properly administer first aid supplies, and be aware of safety procedures
- Complete paperwork including, accounting, checklists, and inventories
- Able to operate on own, while upholding company standards, without constant supervision
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager
Qualifications Required Skills:
Guest service skills, Micros machine, cash handling, pool cleaning, basic computer skills, creativity, and drive. CPR certified. Must have at least 6 months of previous hospitality related service experience. Physical Requirements:
Standing and/or walking for long periods of time, moderate lifting, bending, must be able to push and pull heavy towel racks and laundry bins, sweep, dust and pick up trash. Work Environment:
Must be able to work in various weather conditions such as extreme heat, cold, rain, wind, sun and darkness with limited lighting. Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement