Overview Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
The Restaurant Chef will provide technical and administrative assistance to the Executive Chef and ensures the effective operation of the kitchen and food production outlets.
- Participates in the management of our onsite fine dining restaurant.
- Interview, hire, counsel, train, and discipline associates, in coordination with the Executive Chef.
- Participates in training staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Operates and maintains all department equipment and reports malfunctions.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manages inventories according to budget.
- Manages Birchstreet for ordering and receiving supplies.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Trains associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Effectively investigates reports and follows-up on associate accidents.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Helps associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of associate team members with the appropriate skills.
- Supports a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Ensures associates are cross-trained to support successful daily operations.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for associates; supervises on-going training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Participates in the associate performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
- Conducts stand-up meeting on a daily basis.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Candidate is required to have at least two years of previous culinary management experience in a high volume, full service kitchen.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- Busy restaurant experience would be preferred.
- Computer literate and detail orientated is a must.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
- Must have a valid ServSafe Food Handling Certification.
- Must be able to work for long periods of time on feet, must be able to lift up to 50 Lbs.
- Must be able to work under some extreme temperatures.