Overview Dallas Hotel
The Omni Dallas Hotel, in the center of the revitalized downtown Dallas, is connected via sky bridge to the Dallas Convention Center and close to restaurants, shops, entertainment and more! The Omni Dallas Hotel is built to meet the U.S. Green Building Council LEED Gold Certification standards, placing it on the forefront of environmental awareness and conservation in the city.
The Omni Dallas Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Dallas Hotel may be your perfect match.
To oversee all operations of Information Technology Department. To oversee support of all onsite Information Technology needs on property.
- Ensure that excellent customer service and communication is a hallmark of the Information Technology Department.
- Maintain all onsite systems and ensure that systems are being integrated according to Omni Standards.
- Maintain all Fiber Optic and Copper Cabling infrastructure throughout property coordinate all moves/adds/changes with necessary departments and if necessary facilitate working relationship with outside contractors to complete any necessary infrastructure modifications. Any and all modifications need to comply with standard TIA/EIA structured cabling standards and practices.
- Isolate and analyze technology areas in need of improvement at property and encourage a climate of problem solving and action and communicate these needs to corporate office and keep necessary onsite departments updated on these topics.
- Provide Technical guidance to other operating areas on deploying new technologies and ensure that these technologies are used in the most efficient manner possible.
- Ensure that IT systems and controls are in place to comply with corporate policy and procedures in maintaining compliance with PCI standards, backup policies, and other Omni IT Standards.
- Facilitate key communication between IT and other departments when emergencies arise maintain ability to be flexible to company needs during emergency situations.
- Encourage and maintain open and clear communication, rapport and cooperation with all internal departments to foster best possible service to all guests.
- Provide tier one, two and three support for all areas of IT to maintain department continuity during low staffing levels.
- Identify ways of improving the effectiveness of service to guests through the Omni Service Tradition Program.
- Resolve difficult or unusual problems arising with guests or internal customers.
- Effectively use the Omni Service Champion Program to recognize and reward outstanding customer service.
- Participate in daily standup meetings to appraise property on any special events occurring within the IT Department.
- Compose and achieve annual objectives.
- In coordination with Corporate offices compose Departmental Standard Operating Procedures and ensure that daily procedure checklists are in place to ensure efficient operation of all onsite systems and procedures.
- Inspect departmental areas daily.
- Act as coach and teacher and positive role model for associates and colleagues.
- Attend hotel operational meetings, IT departmental meetings, and associate-related events.
- Requires three to five years in progressive IT Department with extensive experience in managing projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or experience, required.
- This position requires excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible and possess good judgment. Must have effective listening and verbal and written communication skills. Must be mature, pleasant, courteous, cooperative and an enthusiastic team player who displays good human relations' skills.
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Must be able to complete assignments, special projects and reports in a timely, thorough and efficient manner.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .