Location Interlocken Resort
The Four-Diamond, award-winning Omni Interlocken Resort welcomes you to a retreat into modern luxury. Nestled against the backdrop of the Rocky Mountains, this year-round Colorado resort near Denver offers a wealth of on-site amenities. With its stunning panoramic views of the mountains or valley, unmatched luxuries and the essence of snow-capped mountain tranquility, the Omni Interlocken Resort is sure to sweep you off your feet.
The Omni Interlocken Resort's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Interlocken Resort may be your perfect match.
A Banquet Operation Intern is responsible for satisfying our client's needs in the Banquet Operations. An Intern is responsible for overseeing the daily set-up/breakdown of our events, food & beverage service, and client satisfaction. An intern is also responsible for reporting hazardous conditions, maintenance issues, and attending to the daily cleanliness of the conference facilities.
- Perform all Banquet side work as designated by the Banquet Captain.
- Efficiently and properly perform all service standards.
- Attend to all needs of the guests during functions and function related duties.
- Report to Banquet Manager any need for housekeeping and/or repairs of and banquet equipment.
- Assist in the upkeep and organization of all liquor liability laws.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must attend all designated pre-meal meetings.
- Must be First Aid/CPR and TIPS certified Cleans Function Rooms Prior to Set-up.
- Sets equipment to Daily Work Sheet specifications.
- Provides required amenities, as dictated by Banquet Department Standards.
- Refreshes meeting rooms during meal and coffee breaks.
- Breaks down meeting rooms as soon as possible after end of function.
- Completes Special Projects as directed by department management.
- Moves convention material boxes, programs, etc. from hotel receiving docks, registration areas, sleeping rooms, or suites.
- Caring for the equipment.
- Accommodates special customer needs, hanging banners for meetings and food/beverage functions.
Required Skills- Guest service skills, Micros machine, cash handling, daily cleaning, basic computer skills, creativity, and drive. Must be TIPS or CARE certified, and have a Food Handlers Certification prior to starting.
Physical Requirements- Standing and/or walking for long periods of time, moderate lifting, bending, pushing equipment carts, sweep, dust and pick up trash.
Work Environment- Interior of hotel, in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures. Exposure to Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals. Exposure to food items and beverages.