Our Client in Marshall is looking for an Extrusion Assistant to join their team. This position is available for long term. They are looking for the perfect candidate to add to their payroll. Position starts at $12.75 an hour, 12 hour shifts, 7pm-7am. The job description is as follows:
- Safely and efficiently assist in the operation of extrusion machines in accordance with specifications and quality standards.
- Drive forklift. Receive training in safe operation of mobile equipment
- Operate stretch wrap machine and banding equipment
- Leave supplies in place for the next shift.
- Operate lifting equipment (i.e. hoists and tow motors)
- Cut the required cores to support extrusion shift requirements.
- Bring the required raw materials from the warehouse to the designated machine center as directed by the shift lead.
- While roll stock is being produced on line #7 the assistant will focus all resources to supporting the machine center as directed by the lead.
- Will assist in unloading rolls off the machine and package roll stock
- Maintain the supply of scrap material on the repelletizer to ensure waste is being recycled.
- Wrap pallets as they are completed from all extrusion machine centers.
- Sweep shop floors as time permits.
- Keep garbage cans emptied.
- Attend all employees and related communication meetings.
- Abide by all plant safety policies
- Read and comprehend basic instruction
- Basic math skills
- Read a tape measure to 1/8” increments.
- Ability to lift minimum plant weight requirements up to 12 times per hour.
- Must demonstrate ability to operate shop floor mobile equipment
Position starts at $12.75 an hour, 12 hour shifts, 7pm-7am.
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803