A North Asheville company is in need of a Welder to join their team. If you are looking for a job with opportunity for advancement this could be the place for you.
- Perform welding of metal objects using a gas torch or arc welder, using one of the following processes:
- Manual Metal Arc welding (MMA).
- Flux Core Arc welding (FCAW).
- Tungsten Inert Gas welding (TIG).
- Metal Inert Gas welding (MIG).
- Gas shielded flux/metal cored wore welding (G-FCAW).
- Metal Active Gas welding (MAG).
- Plan and produce metal forms or objects.
- Reconstruct damaged articles of various metals and alloys.
- Use hand tools, fixtures, jigs, and clamps for small welding jobs.
- Cut metal using a torch and following diagrams or sketches.
- Weld/fuse different metals to withstand great strength demands while avoiding distortion.
- Regulate equipment as necessary for the work performed.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma a plus but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Hours 8a - 5p Monday - Friday, Starting pay $13.10/hour
All candidates must be able to pass a drug screening
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803