Our client a local non-profit near Black Mountain is seeking an administrative assistant with excellent communication, clerical, computer, organizational and phone skills. Ability to interact with clients/members in a professional and courteous manner a must. Position is responsible for a variety of administrative functions assisting with maintenance of membership records, answer/distribute incoming calls, generating reports, coordinating mailings, assisting team members on a variety of projects such as but not limited to prep for association events, membership and marketing based needs. Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy. Relies initially on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform functions of the job. A certain degree of creativity and initiative is required.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, Google Drive or equivalent. Requires a minimum of high school diploma with 1-2 years experience in field or related area
Job duties included but are not limited to:
- Perform repetitive, production-oriented work.
- Verify accuracy of data to be entered.
- Keep record of work completed.
- Transferring paper information into digital information
- Answer phone calls from customers
- Greet customers as they come into the office
- Perform light accounting duties including processing incoming check payments, credit card payments in association management software system.
- Qualified candidates will have experience:
- Entering, reviewing, and processing paperwork
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Dealing with clients and vendors
Schedule is part time 20 hours a week Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm. $13-$15/hr DOE with the opportunity of being hired on permanently.
Express Office: Asheville
1979 Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803