Location Parker House Hotel
As you pass through the sculpted bronze doors of this luxury Boston hotel, you will be enveloped by the timeless beauty that has made the Omni Parker House a landmark since 1855. Experience the perfect blend of modern amenities and historic charm at America's oldest continuously-operating hotel.Located on the Freedom Trail, guests enjoy grand views of historic downtown Boston, distinguished décor and thoughtful amenities that are evident in every striking detail in each of the 551 luxurious guest rooms. Walk to Beacon Hill, Faneuil Hall Marketplace, Quincy Market, the Financial District, shopping and more. Just 2.5 miles (10-15 minutes) from Logan International Airport. Come join us and our family and create your own history as an employee of this historic property.
This position ensures that all hotel guest, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Answer house calls to assist both guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate and follow-up with all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick/injured guests or associates ensuring all documentation, reporting and witness statements have been completed within a timely manner.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook and employee/guest interactions.
- Assist supervisor or director in checking alarm systems, safety and fire alarm systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas, delivery areas and grounds.
- Assist hotel management in emergency situations by knowing all hotel safety procedures and leading/directing guests and associates to safety.
- Assist with supervision of pool area, being able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by LP and Rooms Division Management.
- Minimum one year security/loss prevention experience and/or customer services role with consistent guest interaction and guest resolution responsibilities.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified and/or willingness to receive such training.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers. This includes via email, telephone and two way radio.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to reach various areas of the hotel at a rapid pace if necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to complete incident reports and participate in investigations.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.