Location Severin Hotel
Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
To ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained hotel environment.
- Schedule and complete equipment PMs.
- Operate and maintain low-pressure boiler for the hot water system.
- Operate and maintain other vessels as needed for hot water kitchen steam and air conditioning systems.
- Assist mechanics and external contractors with repairs of hotel property and equipment.
- Repair and maintain commercial kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Repair and maintain swimming pool and pool equipment.
- Completion of all assigned work orders and daily tasks.
- Receive direction for house calls via radio.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni fire alarm procedures and other emergencies.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations.
- Have a thorough understanding of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Previous maintenance experience required, hotel experience and training preferred. Minimum of two years hotel and/or commercial building maintenance required.
- One year of commercial kitchen and laundry equipment experience is required, commercial refrigeration experience is a plus.
- HVAC Certification required
- Previous experience with response to emergency situations is required.
- Good communication, attention to detail, time management, computer and guest satisfaction skills are required.
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- The ability to crawl for short periods of time.
- The ability to bend, reach over-head, squat, kneel for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally.
- The ability to utilize step stools and ladders.
- Must reside in Central Indiana
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .