Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Provide high quality standards and procedures in preparing/serving all banquet food. Based on experience, qualified candidates will be placed in Cook 1 (advanced) Cook 2 (intermediate) or Cook 3 (entry level) positions.
- Maintain kitchen sanitation in accordance with health department guidelines
- Insure station is set for service 15 minutes prior to service.
- Required to learn all menu items produced by assigned station.
- Perform work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Prepare a mixture of buffet and plated style items
- Production of orders to include Grilling, Roasting, and Baking fish, steaks, chicken and shellfish.
- Maintain safe food handling procedures at all times
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume upscale hotel banquet operation.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial equipment, etc) and taste/smell.
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .