Location Jacksonville Hotel
The Omni Jacksonville Hotel is a warm, elegant oasis of luxury and superlative service. Relax in guest room accommodations featuring contemporary comfort and enjoy a host of amenities designed to make your visit unforgettable. This four-diamond luxury hotel is in the heart of downtown and just steps away from the Jacksonville Landing Riverfront Marketplace, where art, music and shopping thrive. Enjoy a breathtaking view of the St. Johns River and take in the best of Florida at the Omni Jacksonville Hotel.
Omni Jacksonville's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Jacksonville Hotel may be your perfect match.
This position is responsible for ensuring proper training and supervision of all personnel. The restaurant supervisor is to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management..
- Assist in overall supervision of the department as outlined in manager's job description.
- Complete environmental checklist for dining room.
- Spot check liquor pars and order daily supplies.
- Hold pre-meal meetings.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Observe, teach and correct staff's service.
- Examine food preparation and beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of dining room, lobby lounge, morsels, mini bar and room service.
- Assist manager in; scheduling, completing weekly payroll, and forecasting both weekly and monthly.
- Participate in interviewing new employees as needed.
- Prepare maintenance request and follow-up.
- Monitor food and liquor requisitions and food waste.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty daily.
- 1 year of experience in Food and Beverage Supervision or Management role preferred.
- Must have the ability to manage deadlines.
- Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws.
- Must know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
- Must be TIPS Certified.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and have a Vaild FL or GA License in Good Standing