Location : 1900 Ridgefield Blvd., Asheville, NC 28806
As a regional community focused commercial bank, HomeTrust is dedicated to maintaining our core values and culture while positioning ourselves for smart growth. This internship provides an opportunity to be part of the team that provides data analytics and reporting for the bank.
Under the guidance and direction of the Business Intelligence team the Business Intelligence Intern works directly with other developers to write, code, test, and analyze internally developed reports. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying SQL and Tableau reports.
Note: This 6 month internship begins January 2019, but can begin earlier for the right candidate. Specific Job Functions
- Write, translate, research, and code reports and applications according to specifications.
- Create, troubleshoot, maintain, and modify SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports using Visual Basic.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Deploy reports to SSRS and manage report processing options, access control, subscriptions, snapshots, data caching, and other report properties.
- Use Visual Basic to write scripts to create\enhance functionality and appearance of company data warehouse reporting solution.
- Analyze user requirements for reports, forms, queries, and data extraction and develop systems to meet these requirements.
- Monitor software performance on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Create, troubleshoot, maintain, and modify SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages to extract, transform and load data in Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Deploy, schedule, and manage SSIS packages on the SQL Server database.
- Meet weekly with systems analysts, and developers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new reports and applications.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical and technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Working towards a 4-year degree. Computer science, software engineering, mathematics or statistics preferred.
- Technical knowledge of Visual Basic and Structured Query Language (SQL) for Oracle and SQL Server.
(leave this area alone unless there is something specific to add to environment and demands).
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities