: 876 Brevard Rd., Asheville, NC 28806
The Municipal Finance group provides tax-exempt financing for capital projects for municipalities and on behalf of agencies (i.e. Volunteer Fire Departments). The Municipal Finance Specialist guides customers through the funding, post-funding and acquisition of essential service vehicles, equipment and real estate. Specific Job Functions
- Educate clients on loan application process and expedite technical issues pertaining to loan funding.
- Develop relationships with clients, dealers and vendors.
- Resolve issues related to the acquisition process.
- Perform documentation audits prior to funding to ensure the bank's security interests are perfected.
- Audit closed loans to ensure that all information is accurate and complete prior to entry into the bank's core computer system
- Assist with unique loan situations to include, but not limited to: Modifications of existing loans, Collection of past due payments, Bankruptcy, Demand Letters, Foreclosure, Short Sales, and liquidations of capital.
- Monitor and resolve various issues relating to exception reports.
- Provide support to answer customer questions related to the general servicing of their loan
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly tasks as assigned
- Recommend potential loan structures to Municipal SVP
- Tracking and file maintenance for insurance, UCC filings, recording of documents, and compliane with loan requirements
Physical and Mental Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and work well under pressure
- Strong sense of personal resourcefulness; ability to act and think independently, creatively and solve problems with effective solutions
- Ability to gain familiarity with all federal and state banking regulations pertaining to municipal lending
- Knowledge of municipal lending practices, policies, and procedures
- Working knowledge of other internal department policies and procedures
- Able to develop business development aptitudes
- Strong customer service skills both internally and externally
- Ability to work well with others and individually
- Ability to gain knowledge of loss mitigation/collection policies and procedures
- Knowledge of MS Excel / Word / Outlook
- Ability to understand and use Bank policies and procedures to support positive customer interactions.
- Ability to understand, and use Bank policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner in one-on-one and in small group meetings or presentations.
- Ability to listen to and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Ability to think and act independently within guidelines and limitations of Bank policy and assigned personal authority.
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Timely Decision Making
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving
- Must be service oriented and possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Highly developed communication skills
- Ability to resolve customer concerns / issues in a positive way
- Focus/desire to serve customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- High School Diploma required
- Two or Four year degree in business related field preferred.
- Two or more years in loss mitigation or commercial loan servicing and previous banking experience preferred.
- Must be bondable
- Demonstrated competency with personal computer use, with good understanding of financial institution systems, products and services.
- Valid Driver's License required. Occasional travel, less than 10% of the time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly requir ed to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities