Our employees are what make The Homestead what it is. Since 1766, they've helped us offer guests an opportunity to enjoy Southern hospitality at its best. Located in the Allegheny Mountains of Virginia, we are a four-season resort that boasts superb restaurant dining experiences, championship golf, spa, winter sports and numerous other activities ideal for families and corporate outings.
Omni Homestead's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Homestead may be your perfect match.
To work closely with the Rooms Director and other Assistant Front Office Managers and supervisors to oversee the Front Desk staff, ensuring maximum Front Office operating efficiency. Managing and problem solving associate and guest issues while remaining professional at all times.
- Ensure registration cards are completed.
- Ensure all needed reports are run.
- Continued training done with all associates. Ensure MOS& POE program is consistent.
- Communicate with all departments on continuing basis. Especially the communication with Assistant Front Office Managers each evening/morning.
- Handle all guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest on resolving any complaints.
- Be familiar with the hotel computer system for training, maintenance and trouble shooting
- Complete rate discrepancy report and make needed changes.
- Block/assign applicable arrivals for the following day; i.e. V.I.P.'s, Select Guests, ESP's, Special Requests, etc.
- Complete check-out with balance report.
- Complete credit check daily.
- Adhere to all Systems & Controls of the Front Office and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Assist with departmental scheduling and monitoring payroll productivity.
- Directly oversee all aspects of Front Office, Guest Services and the PBX department.
- Attend meetings as assigned by Director of Rooms.
- At least 3 years directly related experience (Hotel-Front Desk) in a managerial role.
- Must be able to work approximately 50 hours per week, flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, customer service skills.
- Must be able to work well under stressful situations and handle challenges in a professional manner.
- Must have a 4 diamond presentation.