Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
To ensure all prep items are prepared and stored to specifications.
- Control quality and consistency of all food served.
- Ensure functions are completed 30 minutes prior to service.
- Ensure all food supplies necessary for service are in appropriate supply on a timely basis.
- Responsible for production of sweet items, pastries, cakes, fruit compotes,breads, chocolates, etc. for all outlets as well as banquets and amenities.
- Assists in producing and plating Banquet pastries.
- Work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for pastry needs.
- Work effectively in a team environment, assisting where needed, and offering assistance to others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by culinary management.
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant pastry/culinary experience.
- Must be familiar with all pastry cooking techniques
- Culinary degrees and/or formal training preferred
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking
- Sufficient manual dexterity needed in hands to operate knives, spatulas, tongs, etc. Moderate to advanced knife skills.
- Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Ability to produce high volumes of work while maintaining quality per Omni standards
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time and lift/carry/push/pull up to 30 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling.
- Flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .