Location La Costa Resort and Spa
Nestled among the beautiful coastal foothills of Carlsbad, CA, Omni La Costa Resort & Spa is honored as the #1 Wellness Spa by Spa magazine. Omni La Costa's acclaimed restaurants present an updated take on locally inspired cuisine and culinary delights. Steps from your door, world-class accommodations, championship golf and tennis, eight pools and more anxiously wait to welcome your arrival.
Omni La Costa associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Omni La Costa may be your perfect match.
The Greenskeeper role is dedicated to providing quality service that exceeds Guest and Member expectations work to create guests for life, by proactively embracing service standards, adhering to safety regulations and gaining the knowledge to assist guests with any and all needs.
- Use walking and riding greens mower, tee mower, fairway mower, rough mower, roller, bunker rake, carts, push mowers, and a variety of powered and non-powered hand tools to maintain golf course grounds and landscaping.
- Clean and maintain equipment that is used. Treat all equipment with care and respect. Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Mow greens, tees, fairways, and rough. Rake bunkers. Weedeat and push mow bunker faces.
- Set cups and move tee markers.
- Hand-water greens and tees. Help with irrigation repairs.
- Perform light custodial operations on golf course grounds and buildings, i.e, cleaning and stocking rest rooms, sweeping stones from paths, trash collection, mopping floors, etc. Use mops and brooms.
- Report problems encountered on site to supervisor immediately. Take appropriate steps to address emergency situations.
- Paint and maintain buildings. Perform light carpentry work, as needed.
- Plant flowers, shrubs, trees, landscaping, and sod. Mulch and edge beds. Prepare beds for planning of materials. Pull Weeds. Use hose to water plantings.
- Respond to any reasonable task as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Attend monthly departmental meetings.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license and meet company MVR requirements.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend/stoop, arm/hand movement up to 30 minutes per hour worked.
- Must be able to lift over 21-30 pounds horizontal, overhead, floor to waist, grasping/holding, pushing/pulling, and carrying
- Must also be proficient at: turf/plant fertilization, chainsaw use, woody plant installation, construction, hardscapes, and skidsteer use.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work weekends and holidays.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
End of Job Description