Overview Berkshire Place
This luxury New York City Hotel allows you to experience the sophistication of an Upper East Side residence with an enviable location in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. The Omni Berkshire Place is steps away from Fortune 500 companies and some of the city's most illustrious sites like Fifth Avenue Shopping, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, and Broadway Theatres. Combining modern technology and fresh contemporary décor, the reinvented New York City accommodations have a residential feel that will appeal to both business and leisure travelers.
The Omni Berkshire Place's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Berkshire Place may be your perfect match.
To work closely with the Director of Front Office and Assistant Front Office Managers to oversee the Front Desk and Guest Services staff, ensuring maximum Front Office and Guest Services operating efficiency. Managing and problem solving associate and guest issues while remaining professional at all times.
- Conduct staff Training as needed.
- Conduct payroll for associates in the department.
- Manages bell, door, concierge, PBX and front office staff.
- Ensure that all arriving and departing guests are treated with maximum courtesy and are served expeditiously.
- Ensure registration cards are completed.
- Ensure all needed reports are run.
- Handle guest complaints maintaining a satisfactory impression with the guest on resolving any complaints.
- Block/assign applicable arrivals for the following day; i.e. V.I.P.'s, Select Guests, ESP's, Special Requests, etc.
- Be familiar with the hotel computer system for training, maintenance and trouble shooting.
- Communicate with all departments on continuing basis. Especially the communication with Assistant Front Office Managers each evening/morning.
- Maintain continuous liaison with management, Reservations desk and Housekeeping staff to guarantee that guests are receiving quality services that exceed their expectations.
- Complete credit check daily.
- Adhere to all Systems & Controls of the Front Office and appropriate areas of responsibilities.
- Oversee of Front Office, Guest Services and the PBX department.
- At least 3 years directly related experience (Hotel-Front Desk/Guest Services) in a managerial role
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and resolve issues on the spot.
- Must have a 4 diamond presentation.
- Must be able to work well under stressful situations and handle challenges in a professional manner.
- Must have excellent organizational, supervisory, customer service skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work approximately 50 hours per week, flexible shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Union experience preferred.
End of Job Description