Location Severin Hotel
Ideally located in the heart of downtown Indianapolis, the four-diamond Omni Severin Hotel stands as the city's longest running luxury hotel and a beautifully restored piece of the city's history. The hotel elegantly combines the grandeur of the early 1900's with the modern amenities and superior service of today, and offers memorable experiences that are within walking distance to many leisure, business and cultural attractions.
Associates at the Omni Severin Hotel enjoy a safe and nurturing environment where anything is possible to make their career with Omni Hotels a reality. The pride in our associates, the engagement of our guests and the spirit of "Hoosier Hospitality" are just a few examples of why we are the employer of choice in the Indianapolis area. If you are a people pleaser, self motivated, and live to serve others, the Omni Severin Hotel is the hotel for you.
To ensure a safe, efficient, well-maintained hotel environment while providing maintenance services to guests in a courteous, professional and engaging manner.
- Assist hotel guests with any guest room maintenance issues (plumbing, lighting, electrical, painting, etc)
- Perform preventative maintenance responsibilities on all guest rooms as assigned
- Maintain all mechanical items in guest rooms and public areas.
- Work as a team to keep the back of house areas and equipment in safe, good working order.
- Clean all work areas after completing job.
- Assists mechanics and external contractors in repairs of hotel property and equipment.
- Completion of all assigned work orders and daily tasks.
- Receive direction for house calls via radio.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni fire alarm procedures and other emergencies.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations.
- Have a thorough understanding of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Be familiar with all hotel amenities and hotel facilities
- To be familiar with the inter-relationship between the different departments (to include PBX, Guest Services, Housekeeping, F&B outlets, Banquets, Sales, Engineering and Purchasing)
- Maintain 4 - Star/4 - Diamond Standards of guest service
- Aid guests in locating other areas of the hotel (walk them to destination if possible)
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure clean uniform and professional personal appearance; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Effectively operate computer, two way radio, power and hand tools required to complete responsibilities.
- Deliver personalized, memorable guest experiences by utilizing the Power of One
- Perform other duties | special projects as assigned by Engineering Management
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills
- Must possess painting, basic plumbing, basic electrical, minor carpentry, lighting and computer skills.
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Prior building maintenance experience and/or relevant technical training
- Walk, stand, climb, bend, reach over-head, squat and kneel for long periods at a time, as the position requires constant motion. Crawling for short periods of time.
- Move, lift, carry and push items weighing up to 50-100lbs without assistance. Candidates must be able to utilize step stools and ladders effectively.
- Must be able to work AM, PM, overnight, weekend and holiday shifts. Schedule will vary according to business and operational needs.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .