Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
This position ensures that all hotel guest, associates and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
- Patrol hotel property to ensure the safety of guests and employees and to protect all hotel assets.
- Answer house calls to assist both guests and associates with respect to safety, security and hotel operations.
- Initiate and follow-up with all investigations of crimes committed against property and persons.
- Assist sick/injured guests or associates ensuring all documentation, reporting and witness statements have been completed within a timely manner.
- Initiate investigations, write incident and accident reports, monitor investigations to their timely conclusion and ensure appropriate follow-up with guests, visitors and employees, documenting all contacts.
- Maintain accurate records while performing basic duties including, but not limited to, camera monitoring, shift activity log, codebook and employee/guest interactions.
- Monitor/distribute visitor and vender access to the property by distributing visitor badges.
- Perform frequent bag checks for associates leaving the property.
- Escort and interact with special guests that need privacy when entering/exiting the hotel through heart of the house areas.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with sensitive guest or associate issues.
- Assist supervisor or director in checking alarm systems, safety and fire alarm systems and closely monitoring security of building doors, service areas, delivery areas and grounds.
- Assist hotel management in emergency situations by knowing all hotel safety procedures and leading/directing guests and associates to safety.
- Assist with supervision of pool area, being able to work in all weather conditions, indoors and outdoors.
- Perform other duties as assigned by LP and Rooms Division Management.
- Minimum one year security/loss prevention experience and/or customer services role with consistent guest interaction and guest resolution responsibilities.
- Must be First Aid and CPR certified and/or willingness to receive such training.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers. This includes via email, telephone and two way radio.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently input information into computer systems (intermediate computer skills with proficiency in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Office)
- Must be able to reach various areas of the hotel at a rapid pace if necessary
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to complete incident reports and participate in investigations.
- Maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment when handling sensitive matters.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to work indoors/outdoors in extreme temperatures assisting with supervision of pool activity as assigned.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. Requires bending, reaching overhear, kneeling and use of stairs. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .