Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
Responsible for the preparation of cooked food items in Bob's Steak & Chop House. To follow, enforce, comply and adhere to all Bob's Steak & Chop House rules, policies, procedures, standards and recipes at all times.
- Communicate with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination, and complete daily prep list.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
- Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
- Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
- Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
- Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume upscale restaurant.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to adhere to recipes.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
- Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred.
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time in a confined area and lift/carry/push/pull up to 40 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling. Be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .