Location King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
This position will ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner. This position is also responsible for checking, confirming and completing reservations for all guests, providing a high standard of service according to Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Maintain a balance between floor supervision, administration, and hosting/communicating with groups.
- Coordinate meal and set up requests with appropriate departments.
- Maintain written and verbal communications with meeting planners, groups, Front Office, Catering, and Sales.
- Greet guests when entering the restaurant with a pleasant smile and superior customer service
- Seat guests by finding a clean, available table, pulling out chairs, and placing a clean menu in front of guest
- Answer phone and record reservations for large parties
- Control high volume outside of restaurant
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety and well-being of guests
- Assist servers when needed
- Thank every guest upon departure, invite them to return, and wish them a fond farewell
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior host experience preferred
- Must be able to multi task
- Must be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time or for an entire shift
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 10lbs without assistance
- Must be able to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must have alSmart Serve
- Must have Food Handler permit (where applicable)