Location King Edward Hotel
With its rich history, timeless elegance, and modern hospitality, the Omni King Edward Hotel has been a favourite of both locals and visitors for over 110 years. Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, this landmark hotel is just steps away from a wealth of diverse restaurants, tourist hotspots, and shopping centres. It's no wonder the Omni King Edward is the perfect destination for business and leisure travellers alike.
The Omni King Edward Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni King Edward Hotel may be your perfect match
This position ensures that assigned public space and guest room floors are kept fully stocked and clean to provide support to Guest Room Attendants while maintaining Omni standards and exceeding our guest expectations.
- Retrieve soiled linen and garbage from Guest Rooms and Room Attendants carts and/or storage closets to dispose of through the linen chute or dumpsters.
- Maintain hallways, reporting maintenance issues and special cleaning assignments (i.e. carpet cleaning or repainting areas)
- Deliver guest amenities or special requests to guest rooms (i.e. rollaway beds, baby cribs, refrigerators, toothbrushes/toothpaste)
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly projects as assigned by Housekeeping Managers/Supervisors
- Clean stairwells, elevators and hallways free from debris and room service trays
- Maintain housekeeping supply storeroom by organizing new supplies upon delivery and restock of floors
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with fellow associates and guests in person or via radio
- Must be able to read and understand daily work assignments
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to push/pull up to 250 pounds frequently