Overview Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
Ensure proper training and supervision of all food & beverage staff, to deliver prompt, courteous service in a manner that complies with Omni Food and Beverage standards and company policies and procedures.
Responsibilities Guest Experience
Leadership and Training
- Consistently ensure maximum guest satisfaction.
- Be pleasant, smile, and greet all guests, using guest names when obtained
- Handle all complaints to the guests' satisfaction.
- Communicate with guests and receive feedback.
- Monitor timing of guest experience and table turnovers.
- Adjust all lights and music appropriately for each meal period.
- Monitor and critique the quality and consistency of the food product.
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management of all F&B operations
- Supervise and coordinate assigned shift.
- Have full knowledge of all menus and beverage menus
- Have full knowledge of responsible alcohol service
- Pre-meal meetings conducted with service staff on a daily basis.
- Supervision of floor during restaurant operation.
- Ensure all side-work is completed to maintain a clean environment.
- Train service personnel to follow rehearsed service scenarios.
- Demonstrate excellent teamwork with internal associates
- Assist with schedule, forecast, payroll, Kronos, Medallia, MOS
- Complete scheduling and maintain productivity of service staff.
- Coordinate and track Food & Beverage associates for ServSafe Food Handler certification to ensure current certification at all times.
- Coordinate and track Food & Beverage associates for ServSafe Alcohol certification to ensure current certification at all times.
Sales and Marketing
- Contribute to the profitability of the restaurant through cost control effectiveness.
- Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly forecasting.
- Spot check liquor pars.
- Order daily supplies.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests
- Enter in orders to the computer ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Manage walk-up and seated guests appropriately
- Demonstrate full working knowledge of POS system
- Expedite table turnover and table resetting.
- Be familiar with all food and beverage-related procedures and equipment and be able to assist all functions when needed.
- During service, constantly inspect tabletops, side-stations and tray stands for consistency.
- Process Accounts Payable invoices for various vendors.
- Answers office phone greeting internal and external guest.
- Check voicemails, e-mails and faxes and follow up accordingly.
Safety and Standards
- Implement sales promotions, marketing, and merchandising programs.
- Constantly perform positive up-selling techniques with service staff.
- Manage and update Open Table with Reservations reviewed on a daily basis.
- Manage special events.
- Know emergency procedures and work to prevent accidents.
- Ensure proper function of all service equipment.
- Enter all maintenance deficiencies in Synergy and follow up
- Be familiar with and enforce all policies related to liquor liability laws. Specifically: Dramshop Theory - Prohibiting sale of liquor to intoxicated guests.
- Prohibit sale of liquor to minors.
- Maintain the physical atmosphere and cleanliness of the restaurant.
- Ensure staff's uniforms and appearance meet specifications.
- Know and adhere to all Omni policies, procedures, and standards.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
- Must have Associate Degree or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in a Restaurant Management role.
- Upscale hotel experience is preferred.
- Must be able to stand on feet for 8 hours a day.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Prior history utilizing Micros preferred.
- Three meal dining experience (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) preferred.
- Understanding of Food and Beverage financials including cost and par controls is preferred.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a strong attention to detail as well as strong customer service skills.
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate and a valid TIPs or ServSafe Alcohol Certification.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Innovative ideas to enhance the guest experience in an upscale dining environment.