Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
The Barback will assist wait staff and bartenders in Omni Louisville Hotel's Speakeasy expediting food, replenishing supplies and service items as needed.
- Assist in bar setup and opening, as well as closing.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Stocking the bar stations to par, and maintaining a par level of liquor bottles.
- Maintain clean glassware as needed.
- Become completely familiar with the liquors and beers sold in the bar.
- Greet all guests promptly and courteously.
- Ability to assist and focus attention on bartenders and servers needs, remaining calm and courteous.
- Think clearly, quickly, maintain concentration, and make concise decisions.
- Ability to perform the job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Minimum 1 year food runner experience/DRA experience preferred. Other relevant hotel/food & beverage experience will be considered.
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers, with the ability to answer guest questions and describe menu items.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up on guest requests and needs in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service, service recovery and problem solving skills.
- Must be STAR certified, prior to first day of employment.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Must be able to change out kegs. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead, and twisting.
- Must be able to stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .