Omni Louisville Hotel is the new cornerstone of downtown, which opened its doors on March 6, 2018. Reflecting the past, present and future of our vibrant Kentucky town and inspired by the city's rich history and authentic character, the Omni Louisville transforms one of the city's most significant urban blocks into a unique and vibrant mixed-use environment offering hotel guests, residents and locals a chance to connect and enjoy the best of a great city.
The hotel is a prominent landmark against the Louisville skyline, glistening during the day and glowing at night, with the iconic glassy ends of the 612 room hotel. The hotel pool and rooftop bar, designed for seamless indoor and outdoor integration, allows guests to rest, relax and socialize with downtown Louisville as the backdrop. The essence of Louisville is woven throughout with interior design blends elements of the city's heritage, culture and character, felt everywhere from the hotel restaurants to a featured bourbon bar to the hotel's Speakeasy and bowling alley.
Guests can also enjoy a dynamic 20,000 square foot urban food hall and market connected to the lobby of the hotel. Transforming Liberty Street into a pedestrian thoroughfare, the market serves as a community gateway for hotel guests and locals alike, inviting the neighborhood in with the smells of freshly brewed Heine Brothers' coffee, baked bread, and smoked barbeque.
The Banquet Captain is responsible for coordinating the execution of our events in our multiple private event rooms. You will be responsible for motivating and leading our team of banquet servers and bartenders to ensure our members and guests expectations are exceeded.
- Responsible for controlling all aspects in the execution of banquet function.
- Effectively supervise the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Coordinating every aspect of the Banquet staff during all food and beverage service.
- Assist the Banquet Manager in the complete operation of the Banquet Department
- Responsible for adhering to hotel policies and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to all liquor liability laws.
- Must assist/conduct all designated staff/pre-function meetings.
- Ensure work area is clean and clear of standing water, debris or any objects that can obstruct the job duties from being performed safely, efficiently and effectively
- Must be willing to adapt to different climate changes in the restaurant, lounge and kitchen areas, with exposure to extreme temperatures.
- This position will be working with Food and Beverage hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years banquet serving experience. Those with previous banquet captain or other similar leadership experience are preferred.
- Candidate must have proven leadership skills and must be able to direct, develop and motivate staff.
- Ability to teach employees importance of, and how to greet guests and courteously solve requests
- Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
- Ability to compute accurate mathematical calculations and have previous cash handling experience
- Must be familiar with BEO's, Banquet Checks and Banquet Room Sets
- Ability to think clearly, quickly and make concise decisions
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Must have experience in handling beverages.
- Must be actively TABC Certified.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to carry a full banquet server tray on shoulder
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 50 pounds without assistance. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .