Location San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade
The Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade is alive with the spirit of Texas. This four-diamond, luxury hotel captures the essence of the city with impeccable service and charm. Overlooking the rolling Texas Hill Country, this 19-story high-rise is close to the area's most exciting sites and attractions such as the historic Alamo, Sea World San Antonio and the enchanting Riverwalk.
Omni San Antonio at the Colonnade's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni San Antonio at the Colonnade may be your perfect match.
The Sous Chef will be responsible for all areas of the kitchens operations in the absence of the Executive Chef .This leader will ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience in upscale/luxury hotels.
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all Omni Standards.
- Manage associates in scheduling, training, developing, coaching and counseling, conducting reviews. Also focus on attracting, interviewing, retaining and motivating the associates while providing a safe work environment.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met or exceeded while quality is maintained or improved.
- Assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing and implementation of outlets, banquets, seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Chef in his or her absence.
- Scheduling of staff according to budget and business forecast.
- Provide kitchen support for banquet functions.
- Oversee proper handling and tracing of banquet food returns at end of functions.
- Directs proper sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment.
- Comply with EcoSure & health code standards for sanitation.
- Ensures that all kitchen equipment is in good working order.
- Directs proper maintenance of all walk-in coolers (rotation of food products and cleanliness).
- Knows expectations and ensures that staff understands them and that they execute said expectations within the proper guidelines.
- Provide support and leadership to accomplish our Medallia food quality score
- Checks and controls sign-in and sign-out procedures for kitchen staff.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Candidate is required to have at least 2 years previous culinary management experience in a high volume, full service Four Diamond Kitchen.
- Candidate must have proven culinary skills and must be able to lead, develop, and motivate staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organizational skills, Bilingual (Spanish) preferred but not required.
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and food trends.
- High-volume Banquet experienced required.
- Computer literate and detail orientated is a must.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to create and understand financial reports.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- College education and/or culinary degree preferred.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
End of Job Description