Overview La Mansion del Rio
The Omni La Mansion del Rio is ideally nestled along the historic Riverwalk among the banks of the Paseo del Rio in downtown San Antonio. It is within easy walking distance of the famous Alamo, El Mercado, La Villita District, Spanish governor's Palace, San Antonio Convention Center and other well-known landmarks.
Omni La Mansion del Rio's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni La Mansion del Rio may be your perfect match.
The Sales Manager creates group revenue for the Resort by generating and/or developing new, referred, and repeat group business in a defined territory.
- Achieve monthly room night and revenue bookings goals
- Solicit accounts within assigned market segment
- Prospect and develop new accounts in line with the hotel's stated Mission Statement
- Maintain aggressive weekly telephone, site inspection and personal call goals
- Use all prospect sources as laid out in the Time Management Section of the Sales Action Plan
- Follow up promptly on leads generated by the National Sales offices and any other lead sources
- Active involvement in industry associations and trade shows
- Achieve budgeted room rate and revenues
- Participate in development of direct mail and all promotions related to the assigned market segment needs
- Is current with all market-related publications in order to stay on top of all industry trends and uncover any potential leads
- Achieve targeted referral goals for all Omni Hotels
- Monitor Reader Boards of competition for potential sources of new group business.
- Is fully aware of corporate sponsored promotions
- Submit weekly and monthly sales reports on a timely basis
- Maintain all files with current trace dated, accurate histories and all relevant information regarding booking activity
- Participate in the ongoing forecasting process
- Is current and abides by all sales office procedures and systems
- Participate in weekly marketing and rooms merchandising meetings, bi-weekly sales meetings, monthly forecast meetings as assigned by the Director of Sales
- Attend weekly forecast meetings whenever Sales Manager's groups are due to arrive the following week
- Promote a high quality company image by demonstrating professionalism to both clients and colleagues
- Recommend improvement of facilities and services as needed
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university in business, communications, or hotel management preferred
- Two years or more related experience in sales work at a conference hotel
- Must have experience in "cold call" solicitation, contract closing, site inspections/visits with clients, setting up fam trips and contract negotiations
- Remain current with all pertinent computer software programs and equipment
- Have working knowledge of all departments, the Resort and its amenities
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including day, evening, weekends and holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .