Location Amelia Island Plantation Resort
At Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort guests can explore 3.5 miles of pristine beach and scenic marshlands whileenjoying luxurious oceanfront accommodations, world-class resort pools, championship golf, full-service spa, endless dining options and family-friendly activities.
Omni Amelia Island Plantation associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort may be your perfect match.
Systems Support Technician
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Technical Support/Service Representative as needed by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing, and resolving resort wide computer problems received via email, ticketing system and other means. Onboard new employees into the AD and O365. Work will include configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining/updating computer hardware, software, and limited network components/cabling.
Ability to troubleshoot, install or replace computer equipment and peripherals; including: hard drives, memory, motherboards, video cards, monitors, and printers. Ability to test network cables and network ports. Ability to troubleshoot/test, download, install, and update computer software. Ability to interpret and explain the use of new hardware and software to users. Knowledge and experience in installing and updating both computer operating systems and application software. Ability to stay abreast of the latest computing technology and innovations; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to work effectively with others; to use hand tools and test equipment; to distinguish colors and color combinations. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Excellent customer service and interpersonal relationship skills, with the patience to deal with customers of all levels of computer knowledge. Comprehensive understanding of PC systems and software. Ability to work independently. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with staff and computer vendors. Knowledge/understanding of computer hardware, software, and technology terms and phrases. The ability to converse and reason with users who have varying levels of understanding of computer concepts and equipment.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Work from a ticketing management solution to create and update customer service requests
- Provide first line response for phone-based or in-person issues and problems
- Escalate issues to the appropriate engineers or management within a timely manner
- Install, modify, or repair computer hardware and software
- Monitor backup reports and monitoring alerts
- Be part of an emergency on-call rotation
- Write and make use of support documentation
- Be available and receptive to all company training as part of your own self-development
- Plan daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor's instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output
- Keep work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers
- Job Requirements:
- Able to communicate effectively over the phone or in person while maintaining a professional demeanor. English required; other languages welcome
- Applicants must have a driver's license and reliable transportation
- Able to write clearly and concisely
- Sufficient maturity in interpersonal development and ability to contend with potentially difficult situations and users
- Able to work in a fast-changing, stressful environment
- Experience with Active Directory, including, but not limited to account creation/modification, security group creation/modification, password resets
- Experience with Exchange, including, but not limited to mailbox creation/modification, distribution group creation/modification, basic mail flow troubleshooting
- Desktop troubleshooting, applications support, and using diagnostic programs to resolve technical problems
- Experience with basic cellphone troubleshooting and email setup for Android, Apple, and Windows phones
- Knowledge of Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and Wireless Mesh Networks
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office products and their feature sets
- Excellent research skills, utilizing both online and local resources
- The ability to follow protocol to resolve less complex events immediately, and escalate more complex events to second level support
Minimum Qualifications :
- High School Diploma/GED.
- TIA A+ certification or similar experience
- Minimum of five years of fulltime PC support experience maintaining desktop computer hardware and software systems in an enterprise environment.
- Two Years of fulltime, professional experience providing Help Desk technical and customer service support to computers users.
- Basic understanding of campus style systems solutions
- Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience with MS Windows 7-10 and MS Server 2008-2016
- A basic understanding of virtual environments
- A+ Certification
- MCSE Certification or Similar Experience
- Familiarity with Micros POS Systems
- Experience in Hospitality networking environments is desirable.
- Associates degree in IT.
- Any PBX Experience