Location Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
To prepare all hot/cold food items. Be responsible for consistency and quality production and ensure all food is served according to specification.
- Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
- Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
- Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
- Fire all food for service and to serve on the line.
- Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all times.
- Support procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Maintains all coolers and freezers, prep area and equipment up to State of South Carolina Health Department codes at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.
- Basic math skills needed to understand and implement recipes and measurements.
- Must have prior experience to include sautéing, broiling & fry cooking. Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Ability to prepare all food items according to standard recipes and as specified on guest check, to ensure consistency of product.
- Ability to work cohesively with the entire culinary staff as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain food preparation handling and correct storage standards.
- Understands, follows and maintains all standardized recipes.
- 2-year minimum work related experience is required.
- Work related education is preferred but not required.
- Must have current Food Handlers Certification.
- Display basic knife skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours per day.
- Flexible Scheduling to include weekends and holidays.