Location Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Located on the sugar sand beaches of Hilton Head Island on the southern coast of South Carolina, this oceanfront resort is a tropical paradise unlike anywhere else in this premier destination. The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort offers beautiful oceanfront views to all of our guests.
Omni Hilton Head's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort may be your perfect match.
The Bartender is responsible to provide efficient and friendly guest service at all times, and is expected to maintain a clean and professional top quality bar, ensuring all guests are charged appropriately, adhering to all company alcohol-service guidelines.
- Greet all guests promptly, in a friendly manner.
- Up-sell and suggestive sell to guests.
- Have full knowledge of all menus and beverage menus.
- Have full knowledge of responsible alcohol service.
- Proper setup and breakdown of area and service station.
- Provide the highest quality guest interactions - be pleasant, friendly and polite to everyone.
- Keep working area neat and clean.
- Multi-task several guests and duties at once, maintaining the highest levels of service.
- Take beverage orders from guests.
- Enter in orders to the computer ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Manage walk-up and seated guests appropriately.
- Prepare beverages for servers from printed tickets.
- Clean floors and bar area each night.
- Prepare beverages quickly and efficiently, following written and visual standards.
- Follow service standards and best practices at all times.
- Ensure proper payment of departing guests.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor/Manager.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone and in person.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Previous cash handling experience is required.
- ServSafe Alcohol Certification and ServSafe Food Handlers Certification are required.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment providing courteous service and engaging the guests in conversation.
- Full availability required including late nights, weekends, and holidays.