Location : 320 Ridgefield Ct., Asheville, NC 28806
The Commercial Loan Servicing Specialist prepares new commercial loans, municipal leases and participation loans for input into the Bank's loan servicing system. Reconciles individual loan closing transactions. Participates in a variety of general commercial loan servicing functions and contributes to the support of the department's group telephone line. Follows-up on customer correspondence and phone inquiries. Job Requirements :
Specific Job Functions:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Two to four year degree in business or related field preferred.
- Minimum two years data entry and customer service experience required. Previous experience in real estate, mortgage lending or commercial lending office preferred.
Knowledge / Skills Required :
- Assures that all loan information is accurate and complete prior to entry into the computer system.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all transmitted loans, coordinating with the Commercial Documentation Preparation team to resolve any discrepancies.
- Processes all commercial loan modifications.Ensuring timeliness, accuracy and appropriate follow through.
- Files UCC continuations and cancellations.
- Responsible for balancing individual transactions processed throughout the day and participating in departmental balancing of check requests, credit card activity and official checks.
- Helps to serve customers, with questions related to the general servicing of their loan.This might include, but is not limited to, payment processing/inquiries, history interpretation, interest computations, year-end reporting, payment calculations, adjustable mortgage questions, draft/debit/credit card processing, etc.Works toward problem resolution but escalates to a Supervisor when appropriate.
- Processes customer address changes.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Quotes loan payoffs, preparing written confirmations as required.
- Participates in the department rotation of various morning and afternoon responsibilities.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment.Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Contributes to building positive team spirit.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Proficiency with personal computer, including all MS Office applications, and calculator.
- Ability to understand, and use Bank policies and procedures to ensure operational efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Effective time management skills.
- Above average communications skills with emphasis on listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and/or convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately and quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Exceptional organization skills.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work independently.
- Ability to meet designated deadlines while remaining flexible to changing assignments.
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail.
EOE/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities