Location Richmond Hotel
Located in the center of Richmond's financial district and overlooking the James River, The Omni Richmond welcomes its guests with a taste Southern Hospitality. The Omni Richmond is the premier destination for business and leisure travelers alike. Steps away you will find wonderful restaurants, shopping, and entertainment.
Come be a part of an amazing team where we inspire and reward our associates! Every other Friday the Management Team hosts an Associate Appreciation event to show their appreciation for their associates and give them a much deserved break from the work day. The Omni Richmond prides itself on having a bi-annual management training class where current associates participate in a 6 month program to prepare them for advancing their careers.
The Dishwasher/Janitor/Utility Worker washes and sanitizes all dishes, pots and serving containers, tools and utensils, maintains a clean and safe work station, cleans and sanitizes floors, work surfaces and kitchen/serving equipment. Some Utility Workers may be assigned a specific focal area, such as the beverage area, dish room, main kitchen area, serving area, etc.
- Scrapes and rinses food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine depending on assigned equipment. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Washes pots, pans and trays based on assigned procedures. Ensure complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Polishes silver using chemical dip, buffing wheel and hand cloth depending on assigned equipment and procedures. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensures compliance with outlined safety procedures.
- Maintains temperatures and chemical levels as outlined by provided standards.
- Keeps dish area orderly and in compliance with safety standards.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors to ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks and other food prep surfaces.
- Removes trash and places it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Helps load and unload supplies and product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to regularly lift boxes up to 50 lbs
- Must comprehend and execute correct set up and use of all dishwashing equipment
- Must understand and execute food safety and sanitation protocols
- Standing, stooping, kneeling, walking , wiping, reaching, bending and lifting are required actions throughout a shift
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities during the shift
- Must be able to perform duties that require standing for long periods of time and fast movement
- Must be ServSafe Certified
- Must be able to work am hours: 7am - 3 pm, 8 am to 4 pm or 10am - 7 pm