Location Nashville Hotel
The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in downtown Nashville.
The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match.
Responsible for the preparation of cooked food items in Bob's Steak & Chop House. To follow, enforce, comply and adhere to all Bob's Steak & Chop House rules, policies, procedures, standards and recipes at all times.
- Communicate with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and their coordination, and complete daily prep list.
- Be knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Prepare all items on prep list following standard procedure or otherwise told by supervisor.
- Maintain high quality at all times. Inspect all food products for quality when working on prep list and service line.
- Check portion control, weights and counts prior to function.
- Fire all food for service and to serve on line.
- Maintain/check cooking times and temperatures.
- Follow all storage procedures when taking food out of walk-in and when returning food to walk-in.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area at all times.
- Keep walk-in, prep area and equipment up to Health Department standards at all time.
- Minimum 6 months (for entry level) to 3 years (advanced) relevant culinary experience, preferably in high volume upscale restaurant.
- Must be familiar with batch and quantity cooking.
- Must have basic mathematical skills and be able to adhere to recipes.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
- Requires a working knowledge of sanitation standards.
- Eye/hand coordination needed to use all kitchen equipment.
- Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow up.
- Culinary degree and/or formal training preferred.
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time in a confined area and lift/carry/push/pull up to 40 pounds. Requires repetitive motion with both hands and occasional bending/stooping/kneeling. Be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, weekends, and evenings.
- Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to email@example.com .