Serving as a cornerstone of northern Atlanta's newest mixed-used community, the Omni Hotel at The Battery Atlanta is the official hotel of the Atlanta Braves and located within steps of SunTrust Park as well as premier office space, the Coca-Cola Roxy music venue and a variety of shopping and dining.
Our luxury hotel features 16 floors with 264 rooms including 28 suites, over 20,000 square feet of meeting space and can accommodate business travelers, families on vacation and everyone in-between. Redefining "live, work, play," we are a proud "play, work, stay" destination and seek to provide an unforgettable experience enhanced by our hotel's elevated pool deck and bar in addition to our signature restaurant, Achie's, serving Southern-inspired fare and craft beer.
The operating engineer will ensure a safe, efficient, and well-maintained hotel environment.
- Handle guest request in a professional and timely manner.
- Maintain guestrooms and public space.
- Receive direction for house calls via radio and work orders.
- Assist with equipment preventive maintenance programs
- Assist other engineers and mechanics with repairs.
- Clean all work areas after completing a job.
- Maintain general maintenance inventories.
- Fill out Daily Work form.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni fire alarm procedures and other emergencies.
- Perform daily and monthly shift engineer checklists.
- Reasonable requests of management as directed.
- Have a thorough understanding of Omni Hotel rules and regulations.
- Knowledge & use of the Lockout/Tagout, HAZCOM and Blood borne Pathogen Programs.
- They will be assigned to cleaning and general maintenance duties in the engineering spaces as well as other assigned daily operations.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs.
- Know and understand basic electrical and plumbing.
- Open air work environment, with hot and cold conditions possible.
- Interior of hotel, in normal office conditions.
- Exterior of hotel with exposure to weather conditions.
- Exposure to various hazardous chemicals.
- Walking, stooping, standing, bending and sitting; possibly for more then 1 hour.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form, in English.
- Must have good communication, attention to detail, time management, and computer and guest satisfaction skills.
- The ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
- The ability to crawl for short periods of time.
- The ability to bend, reach over-head, squat, kneel for extended periods of time.
- The ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently.
- The ability to utilize step stools and ladders.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special ssistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .