Overview Houston Hotel
Discover a luxurious oasis at the Omni Houston Hotel. Situated on impeccably manicured grounds, the Houston Galleria hotel features the finest in Houston accommodations with sensational views of the city or pool area. The Omni Houston Hotel is centrally located in the prestigious Uptown Post Oak/Galleria area and is just minutes from all of the excitement that Houston, Texas has to offer.
The Omni Houston Hotel's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Houston Hotel may be your perfect match.
Job Description The Omni Houston Hotel
is seeking a Senior Sales Manager
to join our sales team! The purpose of this role is t o assist in implementing all strategies and activities to generate and maximize overall revenue, through marketing, sales, promotion, advertising, and public relations that will impact positively on all operating departments of the hotel, thereby resulting in a profitable return on the ownership's investment. This position focuses on soliciting large group business for the hotel.
- Achieve monthly room night goals.
- Following Booking Guidelines.
- Ensure full maximization of rooms potential.
- Assist Group Sales Managers with established rate guidelines.
- Assist Director of Sales & Marketing in implementing strategies/action plans to generate revenues for the hotel.
- Active solicitation of key accounts to generate direct sales.
- Maintain Sales Team's focus on a Proactive Solicitation environment.
- Promote high visibility of hotel through active involvement in industry associations and trade shows.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing to ensure a challenging and exciting environment to encourage full career development and personal growth.
- Support and promote all Corporate programs to increase customer awareness of Omni Hotels and ensure that the customer receives the appropriate benefits of each program.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in business, communications, or hotel management preferred
- Five years or more related experience in group sales work in a hotel setting.
- Must have experience in "cold call" solicitation, contract closing, site inspections/visits with clients, setting up fam trips and contract negotiations.
- Participate in development training through Omni Hotels & Resorts.
- Remain current with all pertinent computer software programs and equipment
- Have working knowledge of all departments, the hotel and its amenities.
- Participate in all sales meetings and line-ups.
- Submit SMART Plans & Development Goals, and Market Place Action Plans yearly.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .