Overview Mandalay Hotel
Patterned after the exotic charm of a Burmese city, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas is a unique oasis that puts you close to the business and cultural attractions of Dallas. Located on the Mandalay Canal in Irving, Texas' prestigious Las Colinas Urban Center, the Omni Mandalay invites you to experience the elegance of a luxury hotel with a sophisticated Asian touch.
The Omni Mandalay's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas may be your perfect match.
The Executive Sous Chef has an overall responsibility for the efficient and effective running of all kitchens and food production outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized, maintaining the standards outlined by the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for the execution of all Omni Hotel and company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
- To assist the Executive Chef in budgeting i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
- Advise the Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
- To test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained.
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
- Associates degree or higher in Culinary Arts, or commensurate experience within the culinary industry
- Minimum 5 years at an Executive Sous Chef or Sous Chef level management position of a 4 star establishment, or higher
- Previous experience within fine dining, high volume, and multi-outlet resort / restaurant group
- Previous fine dining Banquet experience (in a culinary management capacity, strongly preferred)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Delphi or similar programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to manage competing priorities
- Clear, positive, energetic communication skills, both verbal and written
- ServSafe Certified Manager (strongly preferred)
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .