Location Mandalay Hotel
Patterned after the exotic charm of a Burmese city, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas is a unique oasis that puts you close to the business and cultural attractions of Dallas. Located on the Mandalay Canal in Irving, Texas' prestigious Las Colinas Urban Center, the Omni Mandalay invites you to experience the elegance of a luxury hotel with a sophisticated Asian touch.
The Omni Mandalay's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas may be your perfect match.
The Rooms Leader-in-Development program is for candidates who wish to make Hospitality their career. The Leader In Development (LID) program is a Management Training Program directed to entry level candidates with a Bachelors Degree or equivalent to develop their management skills by training them in all aspects of Housekeeping and Rooms Division operations. The person selected will spend a portion of their time working in other departments of the hotel. This position is intended to last for one year so candidates must be able to relocate upon completion of the program.
- Will learn and perform all aspects of the Rooms Division: Guest Services, Front Office, Housekeeping, Loss Prevention, & Spa operations.
- Oversees the performance of staff and takes corrective actions when necessary
- Scheduling of staff
- Maintains accurate payroll records to ensure staff is paid correctly
- Checking in and out guests
- Guest problem resolution
- Cleaning and inspecting guest rooms
- Laundry services
- Responds to guest requests and complaints as required
- Monitors product inventory and order additional products as necessary
- Interviewing and selection of staff
- Ensures that all housekeeping operations are performed according to Omni Hotels standards
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
- A Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Hospitality Management.
- Candidates must be available to relocate after completion of the program (approximately 12 months.)
- Prior guest service experience is required; Housekeeping or Rooms division hospitality experience is preferred.
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 40 pounds without assistance. When performing bell or housekeeping duties will need to push/pull up to 100 lbs. Stand, walk or sit for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive motion, including utilizing telephone/computer for an extended period or for an entire shift.
- Must be able to work 50 hours per week, with a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .