Location Charlotte Hotel
The Omni Charlotte Hotel envelopes you in comfort with a touch of genuine North Carolina hospitality. Centrally located in the heart of Charlotte's financial district, the AAA four-diamond hotel is the perfect destination for convenience to area businesses or to explore countless attractions. Linked to 12 city blocks via sky bridge, the Omni Charlotte Hotel is moments away from the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center, Discovery Place, the Charlotte Convention Center, and the EpiCentre entertainment district.
Omni Charlotte's associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, the Omni Charlotte Hotel may be your perfect match.
The Line Cook position will prepare and cook all menu items according to Omni specifications and standards and work in conjunction with all line cooks to ensure the safe and clean function of the kitchen.
- Communication with the Chef to learn daily work tasks and complete a daily prep list.
- Performing work assignments to meet proper quantities within a necessary time frame.
- Being knowledgeable of all stations in the kitchen.
- Being knowledgeable of plate presentations and preparations of all menu items.
- Communication and working with the culinary team to coordinate all hot and cold foods.
- Communication of all food items needed for current and future shifts.
- Maintain sanitation standards as communicated by health department.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and shared kitchen spaces.
- Preparing culinary dishes to Omni standard and executing F&B orders in a timely manner.
- Completing any other assignments as assigned by Kitchen Management.
- Be pleasant, smile and greet all guests, using surnames when obtained. Create memorable, WOW experiences for each and every guest.
- Candidates must have at least one year of culinary experience in a hotel or restaurant.
- Strong background in prep, hot line and cold line necessary.
- Highly motivated self starter focused on quality, organization, cleanliness and teamwork.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure work environment while executing delegated tasks and assignments.
- Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills
- Able to maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and performance
- Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift. Requires frequent bending, reaching overhead and squatting. Lift, carry, and place objects weighing up to 50 lbs without assistance. Push/pull objects weighing up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
- Must live within 100 miles of the hotel location.
- Must have a valid ServSafe Food Handler certification.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer - vets/disability. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement . If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .